Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Full Time Regular
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Mechanical Product Design Engineer for Artificial Lift Systems will provide mechanical systems design for medium voltage equipment connectors and power cable, penetrator design and application, thermal heat transfer analysis, fluid dynamics and fluid hydraulics, and sealing systems for connections.ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
* Candidate will work individually and as part of a team to develop new products, support existing products, test and evaluate equipment, and provide technical assistance as needed within the Engineering team with the primary focus to be on both product engineering support and new product development. Significant hands on development will be required.
* Candidate will coordinate project work internally within the department and externally with other departments (Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Testing, Purchasing, Marketing, Accounting, etc) to ensure on time completion of projects within budget.
* Interaction and technical presentations with customers will be required on an occasional basis.
* Strong mechanical engineering skills and the ability to develop a solid working knowledge of Electric Submersible Pumping systems are required. A practical and theoretical background in power cable and/or power connector and power penetrator design, manufacturing, and applications is required. The candidate should also have software skills using solid modeling, CAD, FEA (thermal and/or mechanical), Excel and other engineering design tools.
* A typical experienced design engineer’s knowledge of product design and applications is required. Experience with projects involved in solving unique technical problems is a strong plus. Candidate should be skilled at written and verbal communication whether dealing with internal or external customers. Must possess ability to build peer relationships as well as work independently. Must be action oriented, ethical in value, and have a strong customer focus.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology with 5 years of relevant experience.
* Other engineering degrees considered when combined with demonstrable relevant experience in Power Connector design.
* Strong experience in power connectors, power cable, finite element stress and/or thermal analysis, etc. is a plus.
* Approximately 10% international and domestic travel is expected.
* This position is open only to candidates eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship through the company.
Baker Hughes is a leading supplier of oilfield services, products, technology and systems to the worldwide oil and natural gas industry. By being the service company that best anticipates, understands and exceeds our customers' expectations, Baker Hughes Advances Reservoir Performance. The company's 57,000-plus employees work in more than 80 countries in geomarket teams that help customers find, evaluate, drill, produce, transport and process hydrocarbon resources. Baker Hughes' technology centers in the world's leading energy markets are pushing the boundaries to overcome progressively more complex challenges. Baker Hughes develops solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery and boost overall return on investment through the entire life cycle of an oil or gas asset. Collaboration is the foundation upon which Baker Hughes builds our business and develops next-generation products and services for drilling and evaluation, completions and production and fluids and chemicals. For more information on Baker Hughes' century-long history visitwww.bakerhughes.com.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Employment Affirmative Action Employer