Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: District Drilling Engineer
Location: OK-Oklahoma City
Other Locations: null
Chesapeake Energy Corporation is seeking a talented individual for the position of District Drilling Engineer. The District Drilling Engineer will provide suitable well design, planning and execution for drilling various styles of wells within an assigned area. An individual working at this level will require limited technical supervision on a daily basis and utilizes available resources on a frequent basis. The DDE is a self starter, has a good logistical, planning and scheduling background, and looks for opportunities to improve the drilling process. Directly supports the day-to-day drilling process and work towards best-in-class drilling efficiency, cost containment, environmentally friendly and safe drilling practices.
* Develop detailed well construction plans to assure technical integrity standards, business requirements and health, safety and environmental performance targets are achieved.
* Facilitate scheduling and procurement requirements for well operations.
* Permitting and liaison with relevant government authorities.
* Mentoring and coaching of junior drilling engineers
* Technical overview of drilling operations.
* Ensure that all risks are identified and managed to assure operational integrity and eliminate any surprises.
* Technical input to procurement and contracting.
* Management and review of service company contracts.
* Perform post well reviews; capture and incorporate learning's into future programs.
* Investigation and selection of concepts for the improvement of the drilling process.
The Candidate will possess the following credentials:
* Strong communication, interpersonal and technical skills coupled with an ability to effectively work with minimal day-to-day supervision in a team environment.
* Three or or more years drilling experience with a BS degree in Engineering.
* Proficient user of Windows, Lotus, Excel and MS Word and other current computer packages.
* Effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style and a willingness to get the job done.